This classic gingerbread recipe is the perfect thing to take to a holiday party or have around your house as a festive treat. A slice of this will make you want to grab a cup of cocoa and curl up by the fire!
▪2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
▪2 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
▪1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
▪1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
▪1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
▪1/2 teaspoon allspice
▪1/2 teaspoon salt
▪1/4 teaspoon baking soda
▪1 teaspoon baking powder
▪3/4 cup (12 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
▪1 1/2 cups brown sugar
▪2 large eggs
▪1/2 cup molasses
▪1 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a bundt-style pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl after each addition. Stir in the molasses.
3. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in three additions alternately with the water, starting and ending with the flour. Mix just until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake the cake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Remove the cake from the oven, cool it in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a rack to finish cooling. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top, serve, and enjoy!
This recipe makes one bundt cake, about 12-16 servings.
Just a pointer that lemon pairs beautifully with gingerbread of any sort. So if you’re feeling adventurous, add a lemon glaze to the bundt cake or slather some lemon curd onto a slice for a unique treat!
This recipe was originally posted here.