Who needs take out? You can fake out with this dangerously delicious homemade fried rice!
▪ 2 large eggs, scrambled
▪ 3 Tablespoons butter
▪ 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
▪ 1/2 cup white onion, diced
▪ 1 cup frozen peas
▪ 3 cloves garlic, minced
▪ Salt and pepper
▪ 4 cups cooked rice
▪ 4 green onions, thinly sliced
▪ 4-5 Tablespoons soy sauce (or more to taste)
▪ Extra sliced green onion for garnish (optional)
▪ Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
1. First, scramble the eggs and set them aside.
2. Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in a large pan on medium heat. Add the carrots, onion, peas, and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper or add more to taste. Sauté the veggies for about 5 minutes, until the onion and carrots are soft.
3. Increase the heat to high and add the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter to melt. Add the rice, green onions, and soy sauce. Stir for a few minutes to fry the rice and add more soy sauce if wanted/needed.
4. Add the eggs and stir to combine. Remove the pan from heat and serve while warm. Top with extra chopped green onion and/or sesame seeds if wanted.
Recipe makes 4-6 servings
This is an awesome way to use up leftover rice! You can use any kind but cold rice works best.