By Our Recipe Contributor, Rebecca Spoolstra
This salad is light, full of flavor, and naturally vegan and gluten free. It’d be a perfect healthy side dish for your upcoming Thanksgiving feast!
▪ 1 pound brussels sprouts, rinsed and ends trimmed, then halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
▪ 2 cups cooked quinoa
▪ 1 cup dried cranberries
▪ 2/3 cup chopped pecans (toasted if wanted)
▪ 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
▪ 1/4 cup olive oil
▪ 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
▪ Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Toss the brussels sprouts, quinoa, cranberries, and pecans together in a large bowl until combined.
2. Whisk the orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until combined.
3. Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe makes 6-8 servings.
Some fresh orange zest would also be a tasty addition to the dressing!
This recipe is originally posted here.