This recipe will quickly become your go-to for those over ripe bananas in your fruit bowl. These muffins are super simple to make and are always a crowd pleaser for breakfast, brunch, or given as a sweet gift.
▪ 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
▪ 1 cup sugar
▪ 2 large eggs
▪ 2 cups all-purpose flour
▪ 1/2 cup cold water
▪ 1 teaspoon baking soda
▪ 1 teaspoon baking powder
▪ 1/2 teaspoon salt
▪ 2 super ripe bananas, mashed
▪ 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
2. Line a muffin pan with liners and scoop the batter, filling 2/3 of the way. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top if wanted.
3. Bake for 20 minutes. Let them sit in the pan for a few minutes then put them on a wire rack to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container as needed.
This recipe makes 1 1/2 dozen muffins.
This recipe can also be made into a loaf - just keep an eye on it while baking and check for doneness with a toothpick.
This recipe was originally posted here.