This twist on classic Rice Krispie treats makes the perfect festive St. Patrick’s Day dessert to whip up in a snap!
▪ 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
▪ 1 package mini marshmallows (10 oz)
▪ 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
▪ Green food coloring
1. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Measure the Lucky Charms into a large bowl.
2. Put the butter and marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each time until the marshmallows are melted. Mix in the green food coloring s little at a time till you get the hue you like. Pour the mixture over the cereal.
3. Mix until totally combined and press into the prepared pan. Store in airtight container. They are best if eaten within a few days.
This recipe makes about 15 bars, depending how big/small you cut each piece.
To easily use your hands for mixing or pressing into the pan, spray your fingers with non-stick cooking spray. Otherwise you will have super sticky hands!
This recipe is originally from here.