theYoungCatholicWoman offers women globally the platform to pronounce their words of truth, found between the thistles and roses. A place of encouragement, we are seeking vibrant voices who will capture an audience and evoke a desire planted deep within to reclaim beauty, goodness, truth, and simplicity. If you believe that your voice can enthrall (and we sure do), keep reading.
We are currently accepting:
- Pitches or submissions for single, stand-alone online articles
- Please keep an ear out via our facebook page for a Call for Artists, seeking those who capture B,G,T&S without ink (stylists, graphic designers, photographers, ultimate DIYers)
Please note all of the writing positions for our team are currently full. Check back monthly since we are growing and new positions may open.
- Submissions are without compensation. Our wallet is still just too dainty.
- You will always hear a response within a month. If not, please follow up with us as something may have slipped through our fingers.
- Accepted submissions will be edited. Minor grammatical and minor content changes will be made directly by our Contributions Team in their respected field. Any significant changes and suggestions will be sent to you for your thoughts and/or approval.
Word Count: 500-1,000 words max
Do not include photo or biographical information unless requested.
We appreciate research on debatable topics. Hey, we actually really, really appreciate it.
Take yourself out of the story as much as possible and don't make it an open journal, please. Tell us what's on your heart, not necessarily what's in it. But hey! We appreciate a friendly hello and kind words in your inquiry email!
Write something that's engaging, thought provoking, challenging, moving. Write what hurts and write what needs to be read.
- Testimonies (in which, yes, we want you more in the picture here)
- Menfolk Speak (we're not just women here!)
- Broken (Advice on alcoholism, anxiety, and abuse specifically)
- The Art of Simplicity (motherhood, social media pitfalls, current events...)