This watermelon salad is so crisp, refreshing, and easy to toss together. It’s perfect for a summertime picnic or party! Or you know, shamelessly scarfing down by yourself.
▪ Fresh cubed watermelon, about 2 lbs
▪ 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
▪ 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
▪ 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
▪ 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
▪ 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
▪ Pinch of salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the cubed watermelon, chopped onion, and feta.
2. In a small bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, then add in the chopped mint, taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
3. Pour the dressing over the watermelon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed. Let it sit in the refrigerator if possible for the flavors to really blend.
4. When ready to serve, toss it again, garnish with mint sprigs (optional), and serve chilled.
About 4 servings - recipe can easily be doubled!
The salad gets really juicy as it sits so feel free to drain some of the juice if needed before serving.
This recipe was originally posted here.