Who doesn’t love an easy crock pot meal? On super busy days, this beef and broccoli is superb and it’s totally comparable to your favorite take-out dish!
▪ 1 lb boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
▪ 1 cup beef broth
▪ 1/2 cup soy sauce
▪ 1/3 cup brown sugar
▪ 1 Tbsp sesame oil
▪ 3 garlic cloves, minced
▪ 2 Tbsp cornstarch
▪ 4 Tbsp sauce (from the crock pot after dish is cooked)
▪ Frozen broccoli florets (as many as desired)
▪ White or brown rice, cooked
1. In the insert of the crockpot, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
2. Gently place your slices of beef in the liquid and toss to coat.
3. Turn the crock pot on low and cook for 6 hours.
4. When it’s done, in a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and sauce to create a slurry, pour it into the crock pot, and stir to mix well. Add the broccoli florets. Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes to cook the broccoli and thicken up the sauce.
5. Serve hot over rice. Enjoy!
This recipe makes about 4-6 servings. Depending on how big of a bowl you want!
To make the beef easier to slice thin, stick it in the freezer for a bit to harden it. This will help a ton!
This recipe was originally posted here.